Sunday, April 8, 2012

ain't it the fine life

On March 29, 2012, I did something that if you would have told me I would be doing 6 months ago, I would have told you you were crazy.

I attended the opening night of Newsies on Broadway.

There are a lot of reasons why this was a shutup-ohmygod-noyoudidnt moment for me. The most obvious being that it was my first opening night and the energy in the theatre was unlike anything I've ever experienced. The people, the performances, the reactions-- spectacular.

The second reason is a bit more personal. In middle school, my best friend and I told ourselves that as soon as we became rich and/or famous enough to produce a musical, we were going to do Newsies on Broadway.

Clearly, somebody beat us to it, but it didn't stop the process from being any less thrilling.




No comments:

Post a Comment