Wednesday, March 21, 2012

high on a hill lived a lonely goatherd

One of the things I was most excited to see in Prague was the puppet theatre. To me, it was quintessential. I'd heard about it my entire life and read all I could in travel books before arriving to the city. When we got to the national theatre box office, we had a nice long chat about Czech theatre. My disappointment came, abruptly, when I asked about puppet theatre and the box office attendant scoffed. He informed me that it was merely for tourists and gift shops to make money off. I didn't want to believe him, but as I walked around the city, I quickly realized that 1) we saw no puppet theatres and 2) none of the puppet store owners knew anything about theatre.

I guess I'll have to trek over to the Alps on my next visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment